Changes I've made to my COREBlog
Trying to assemble links + patches of all the customizations I've made so far. Hope I won't forget anything... work in progress might not be complete at all.
- Technorati Tags working with COREBlog Categories ... use category as technorati tag
- Making COREBlog Comment Moderation Admin Friendlier ... little link in the mail notification
- Beefed Up Trackback Notification ... same for trackbacks
- Show Subcategorized Patch ... Make COREBlog Subcategorized Entries Show Up in Category Pages
- RAMcache for COREBlog update ... just some setup info
- Resetting RAM Cache Manager on COREBlog entry edits ... when I re-edit entries, the cache gets reset, so edits show up
- Reject No-Reference Trackback ... trackbackers who don't link to me get ignored completely
- Category RSS feeds ... so you can subscribe to a "zwiki" feed for example
- GZip compression ... saves some bandwidth on big entries
- akizmet plugin installed ... I've installed kedai's akizmet plugin to check comments through the akismet service ... not fully documented yet, as I've sent in a patch for akizmet, which should get in the next release
- Conditional HTTP GET ... more bandwidth saving and faster reloading for clients with If-modified-since headers and http 304 status code replies
- Patching Moblog to Support Subtitles
- Using GRSplitter to search properly in Greek ... ZCTextIndex behaves when searching Greek with GRSplitter
- Set up a MiniPlanet for the "Other Weblogs" sidebox ... a little feed aggregator
- Hooked up with HoneyPotBL to block a lot of comment spammers / email scrapers
- I'm now moblog posting using procmail instead of using a POP3 account and cron - which means there is no delay any more till the post gets picked up from the pop account, posts appear as soon as the mail arrives
- I'm returning 403 to refused trackback requests.
- Feed validation + clearer labelling ... no patch in there
- I've put my skin changes on the file system, so I can't accidentally overwrite stuff.
- Had to fix the comment display, to not show the commenters email address when they don't enter a URL
- Seems like I munged around with categorylist_html to get the correct number of entries displayed ... at least there's a commit message saying I did :-)
Hmm, the software I run for my weblog is like one of those patched up cars, whose owners always tinker around, fix stuff and build new stuff in... and in the end they never know what they really did.
I'm keeping COREBlog sources in my own cvs private repository, merging in any new versions with "vendor branches". Currently there's no use to ask me for my sources, because I have to clean up the mess a bit, there's way too much "for my blog only" code right now.
- Skin based on ZPT
- Beef up the system that forces commenters through the preview form to bind to the same visitors IP and the same blog entry